Gooey Stuffed Cinnamon Roll Bake
This recipe takes your average cinnamon roll casserole and adds a gooey cream cheese layer in the middle for one decadent breakfast that tastes like dessert! Gooey Stuffed Cinnamon Roll Bake is a shortcut recipe that uses frozen cinnamon rolls, so preparing it couldn't be easier. Layers of cinnamon roll dough are stuffed with a sweet cream cheese layer, then sprinkled with a cinnamon and brown sugar crust on top. This breakfast casserole can even be made ahead of time!
After step 5, you may choose to cover and refrigerate overnight to bake in the morning!
Yields4 large servings
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time25 min
Cooking MethodCasserole, Oven
- 8 frozen cinnamon rolls with icing (like Rhode's), thawed and risen according to package
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- For the Topping (optional):
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Once cinnamon rolls have risen, spray an 8 x 8 inch pan with cooking spray. Arrange 4 cinnamon rolls in the pan and press them down a bit to mostly cover the bottom.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread the cream cheese mixture over top the cinnamon rolls.
- Place 4 more cinnamon rolls on top the cream cheese mixture and lightly press down so they mostly reach to the edges of the pan.
- If you'd like to use the optional brown sugar topping, combine butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle the mixture on top of the cinnamon rolls.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until the top is nice and brown. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Pipe the icing over top, and cut into 4 large pieces or 8 small pieces.