This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Carrot And Butternut Squash Pancakes
"Oh, these carrot and butternut squash pancakes are my absolute top favourite treat, they taste beyond and above any pancake you've ever had, not to mention the texture, is so great! These carrot, apple and butternut squash pancakes are not the regular pancakes you'd think of. Fluffy, healthy carrot and butternut squash pancakes made with delicious spices. These pancakes are naturally sweetened and packed with yummy mix-ins like fresh ginger, walnuts and chia seeds. Top with yoghurt and a drizzle of maple syrup or honey for a wonderfully cosy breakfast! "
Preparation Time5 min
Chilling Time15 min
Cooking Time15 min
- 210 grams spelt flour (7.41 oz)
- 150 ml kefir (5.07 fl oz)
- 60 grams carrot (2.12 oz) grated on small grater
- 60 grams butternut squash (2.12 oz) finely grated
- 60 grams apple (2.12 oz) finely grated
- 50 grams walnuts (1.76 oz) toasted and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 med egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon soda bicarbonate 1/2 US teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger freshly grated
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch salt kosher or pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil butter or coconut oil
Prepare all ingredients ahead to make this recipe even easier to make.
In a glass bowl, a larger one, mix most of the dry/solid ingredients. Flour, grated butternut squash, grated apple, grated carrot, chia seeds, soda bicarbonate, freshly grated ginger, freshly grated nutmeg and cinnamon powder and salt.
Pan-cook the pancakes over a medium-fire in a nonstick pan using a little brush of butter, coconut oil or olive oil.
Cook for 3-4 min on each side and use a spatula to turn them over.
When ready, place them on a plate or a tray and serve warm with some jam, homey and yogurt. See above some great serving ideas and toppings.
Read NextCrustless Breakfast Quiche