Caramel French Toast
Create a sweet treat for breakfast with this caramel baked french toast recipe. You make the brown sugar caramel first before baking everything together.
Cooking Time1 hr
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 French bread loaf, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup in saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Pour into a 13-inch by 9-inch baking pan. Lay pieces of French bread in pan over sauce.
- In a medium bowl, stir together eggs, milk, and vanilla until well blended. Pour mixture over bread. Sprinkle top with cinnamon.
- Bake one hour. Serve hot.
Find more Baked French Toast recipes at 11 Baked French Toast Recipes.
Read NextSausage Stuffed Biscuits and Gravy
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
ninettelcox 416691 4
Nov 20, 2011
Winner! Even my picky husband said it's a keeper. I left the bread in slices and served it by turning over each slice so the caramel makes the syrup across the top. Yummy with fresh raspberries.
Mar 12, 2010
AWESOME tasting and SUPER easy to prepare. The hardest part about it is waiting the hour to be able to eat it! I use extra cinnamon to make it even better. No need for syrup or butter. Goes great with crispy maple bacon
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use