Freeports Own Captain Briggs House Cinnamon Bread
Sweetbreads are perfect any time of day. This wonderful recipe is made with ground cinnamon and baked into a piece of heaven. Moist and capturing the magnificent flavors of Freeport, don't pass this bread up.
Find more classic Northeastern dishes and iconic recipes from all across America here:
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups plus 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two loaf pans with nonstick spray.
- Mix together oil, 2 cups sugar, eggs, buttermilk, baking soda and flour in large bowl.
- Pour a quarter of batter into each prepared pan.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon, and salt in small bowl. Sprinkle a quarter of sugar mixture in each pan.
- Pour remaining batter equally between pans. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Swirl a knife through batter.
- Bake 1 hour, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes and then remove bread from pans and place on wax paper. Slice when completely cool.
Read NextPoppy Seed Bread