Brazilian Iced Chocolate with Coca cola
This fantastic chocolate and cola recipe is a Brazilian favorite. Make it for any special occasion with this free and easy to follow recipe. Maybe you could make it while you support Brazil in the World Cup! No matter why you make it, you'll be sure to love it!
Cooking Time20 min
- 2 squares (1 oz. each) unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup double strength coffee
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cup Coca-Cola (or other cola of choice)
- Whipped cream or ice cream
- Melt chocolate in top of double boiler over hot water.
- Stir in sugar. Gradually stir in hot coffee, mixing thoroughly.
- Add milk and continue cooking until all particles of chocolate are dissolved and mixture is smooth, about 10 minutes.
- Pour into jar, cover and chill. When ready to serve, stir in chilled Coca-Cola.
- Serve over ice cubes in tall glasses. For a beverage, top with whipped cream. For a dessert, add a scoop of ice cream. Makes 5 cups.