Roast Prime Rib of Beef
Roast Prime Rib of Beef is for meat lovers. This recipe makes the tenderest piece of meat that's juices will run when cut. My family was talking about it for nights afterwards. Pot roast recipes are jealous of this one.
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard (Colman's is best, not as hot)
- 1 8 to 9 pound beef rib roast, bone in
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Rub the seasonings on the roast in the order listed. Pack the sliced onion on the roast.
- Place the roast on a rack in a roasting pan. Roast in a preheated 450F oven for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees F and roast 1 hour more.
- Reduce the oven again to 300 degreesF and roast about one hour more or until the beef registers 115F for rare in the center when tested with a meat thermometer.
- Remove from the oven and allow to stand 15 minutes in a warm place.
- Slice and serve immediately.