Garlic Saikoro Steak with Miyazakigyu Wagyu Beef Cubes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"This delectable dish features our Miyazakigyu Wagyu beef cubes (A5) cooked in garlic infused oil. The pan-fried, tender Japanese beef is topped with grated daikon. The jasmine rice, beef cubes, and radish are draped in citrus-based ponzu sauce and garnished with sliced scallions. Garlic saikoro steak is flavorful, filling, and ideal for a simple yet sophisticated dinner at home! This recipe from Double 8 Cattle is surely to please the entire group of friends and family. "
Preparation Time30 min
Cooking Time20 min
Cooking MethodCasserole, Oven, Skillet, Slow Cooker
Cooking Vessel SizeSaucepan,
- 1 package Double 8 Cattle Company Miyazakigyu Wagyu Beef Cubes
- 3 slices Daikon Radish (grated)
- 3 tablespoons Grapeseed Oil
- 4 large Garlic Cloves (peeled, sliced thin lengthwise)
- 3 tablespoons Dry Sake
- 3 large Scallions (green parts only, sliced thin on a bias cut)
- 1 cup Ponzu Sauce
- 1 cup Water
- 3 cups Jasmine Rice
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
Pull the Miyazakigyu Wagyu beef cubes from the freezer, and place them in the refrigerator 24 hours before starting this recipe. Pull the Miyazakigyu Wagyu beef cubes from the refrigerator (after they’ve thawed), and remove them from the packaging. Place the beef cubes on a plate, and let them come up to room temperature for one hour before cooking.
PREPARING THE JASMINE RICE In a small saucepan, combine the water and kosher salt. Bring to a boil. Add in the rice, and stir. Bring it back up to a simmer, and cover the pot with a lid. Then, drop the temperature to low. Let the rice cook until all of the liquid has evaporated. Remove the rice from the heat, but keep it covered.
PREPARING THE GARLIC SAIKORO STEAK Peel the daikon radish, and grate it on the large holes of a cheese grater. Lay the grated radish on paper towels to remove any moisture, and dry reserve. In a medium stainless steel saute pan, heat 3 tablespoons of grapeseed oil on medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add in the sliced garlic. Saute until golden brown. Once the garlic is golden, use a slotted spoon and remove it from the pan (set it aside). Leave the garlic infused oil in the pan. Heat the oil back up until it is slightly smoking, and add in the Miyazakigyu Wagyu beef cubes. Season the beef cubes with kosher salt. Let one side brown (for about 30 seconds) in the saute pan. Turn the beef over to brown the other side (for about 30 seconds). Repeat this process until all sides of the beef cubes are nicely browned. Once all sides of the beef cubes are browned, add in the sake. Scrape the bottom of the pan while doing so. Once the sake has mostly evaporated, turn off the heat.
FINAL STEPS Divide the jasmine rice between two serving bowls. Top with the seared Miyazakigyu Wagyu beef cubes. Then, add the shredded daikon radish and browned garlic on top of the beef cubes. Pour the ponzu sauce over the daikon radish before serving, and garnish with sliced scallions. Serve, and enjoy!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Cookie Crusted Cheesecake Bars are quite possibly the easiest and most delicious morsels you'll ever make! If you love cheesecake and… Continue reading: "Cookie Crusted Cheesecake Barsvideocam"
- Cheeseburger Rollups
- Hungarian Goulash
- Spicy Mac and Beef
- Foolproof Amish Ground Beef Skillet
- Poor Man's Beef Ragu
- Mom's Slow Cooker Meatloaf
- 11 Beyond Easy Ground Beef Recipes + 6 Bonus Recipes with Ground Beef
- Fork Tender Burgers and Gravy
- Classic Salisbury Steak Recipe
- 24 Must Have Meatloaf Recipes Free eCookbook
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Air Fryer English Breakfast
- Spinach Egg Bake
- Chocolate Whoopie Pies With A Marshmallow Filling
- Brownie Buckeye Cookies
- Easy Ooey Gooey Christmas Cake Cookies
- Cinnamon Roll Recipe With Cream Cheese Icing
- Christmas Tree Brownies
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes