Low Fat Lemony Lentils with Pumpkin
A great low-fat side dish, the pumpkin and lemon juice add layers of flavor to often bland lentils. This is a great fall side to serve with fish or use as a vegetarian main course.
To check out more perfect pumpkin recipes, see our collection here.
Cooking Time1 hr
- 1 medium onion, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 cup lentils
- 3 cups vegetable broth or water
- 3/4 pound pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup scallions, sliced
1. In a large saucepan add the onions, lentils, and broth. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat, and cover the pan. Simmer the lentils, stirring them occasionally, for 30 minutes.
2. Add the pumpkin, lemon juice, parsley, ginger, salt, pepper, and cumin, stirring to combine the ingredients well.
3. Cover the pan and cook the mixture until pumpkin is tender (about 20-25 minutes). Before serving, toss the mixture with the scallions.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Beans"
Find the best beans recipes and pulses recipes, including classic red beans and rice and lentil recipes. Learn how to cook butter beans and the best recipes to cook pinto beans.
There are no records