Try this great baked bean recipe for homemade baked beans. It is a great recipe for picnics and summertime parties. It can either be simmered in a sauce pan or baked in an oven for easy cooking and is also delicious with hamburgers and hot dogs.
For more great picnic recipes, be sure to read How to Have a Great Picnic with the 15 Best Picnic Recipes.
Cooking Time4 hr 30 min
- 1 can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can baked beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 slices of bacon, cut in one-inch segments
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in large sauce pan.
- Simmer in sauce pan or bake on low for 3 or 4 hours.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Simmer another half hour or so.