Ruby Red Grapefruit Bars
These bars are similar to a lemon bar but with the tart bitterness from a grapefruit. Goes great with a cup of tea! Easy to make and even easier to enjoy, these tart little treats will be a hit with your family. Try Ruby Red Grapefruit Bars by Carrie at Bakeaholic Mama for a wonderful dessert.
- 1/2 cup room temperature butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 each plus 2 tablespoons of flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons grapefruit zest
- 1/2 cup grapfruit juice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- powder sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In your electric mixer mix 1/4 of your sugar, 1 cup flour and butter together until it is crumbly.
- Press on the bottom of a 9x9 baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Mean while in your mixer beat eggs, zest, juice, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons of flour and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder.
- When the crust is done remove from oven and poor grapefruit egg mixture over crust.
- Bake for another 20 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Let cool completely then dust with powdered sugar and slice into squares.
Read NextGooey Billionaire Bars
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Apr 03, 2012
What does "1 each plus 2 tablespoons of flour" mean? 1 cup flour plus 2 tablespoons?
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use