Ruby Red Grapefruit Bars
These bars are similar to a lemon bar but with the tart bitterness from a grapefruit. Goes great with a cup of tea! Easy to make and even easier to enjoy, these tart little treats will be a hit with your family. Try Ruby Red Grapefruit Bars by Carrie at Bakeaholic Mama for a wonderful dessert.
- 1/2 cup room temperature butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 each plus 2 tablespoons of flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons grapefruit zest
- 1/2 cup grapfruit juice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- powder sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In your electric mixer mix 1/4 of your sugar, 1 cup flour and butter together until it is crumbly.
- Press on the bottom of a 9x9 baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Mean while in your mixer beat eggs, zest, juice, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons of flour and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder.
- When the crust is done remove from oven and poor grapefruit egg mixture over crust.
- Bake for another 20 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Let cool completely then dust with powdered sugar and slice into squares.