Super Cheesy Cheese Straws
Bite into these Super Cheesy Cheese Straws to start the party. Simple appetizer recipes do not come cheesier than this one. They are sure to be a hit at your party and with your family. Dip in your favorite sauce for the ultimate appetizer.
- 1 pound Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees F.
- Soften margarine in microwave (power level 20 for 1 1/2 minutes). Mix all ingredients with hands.
- Place dough in cookie press and press onto cookie sheet s into desired shapes. Bake at 375 for about 11 minutes.
- Press pecan half into center if desired before baking. Or grate cheese in food processor.
- Cut margarine in chunks and put in food processor with cheese. Let come to room temperature about 1 hour.
- Mix together flour, salt and red pepper. Cream together the cheese and margarine in food processor.
- Add the dry ingredients gradually. Remove from processor and work a handful of dough at a time with fingers to make sure there is no air. Place in cookie press. Bake at 375 degrees F for 6 to 8 minutes or until barely brown on bottom and round edges.
Read NextBennigan's Copycat Broccoli Bites