Seaviews Asian Sausage Rolls Appetizer
Impress your guests with wonderful appetizer recipes. Packed with pork sausage, these bite-sized rolls have a homemade flaky dough that melts right in your mouth. Make extra, because they are going to be a hit.
- Sausage Mixture:
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 1/2 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Chinese hot mustard
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Chinese hot oil
- 1 can (8-ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Chinese parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- Sourdough Refrigerator Biscuit Dough:
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 6 cups unbleached white flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Sauté the first 8 ingredients, breaking up the pork into very small clumps. Then add the remaining ingredients and cool to room temperature.
Sourdough Refrigerator Biscuit Dough:
- Soften yeast in water. Sift dry ingredients. Cut in butter. In separate container mix liquid ingredients together.
- Add to dry ingredients all at once and stir until just moistened. No longer.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead a few times, adding just a little flour to keep the dough from sticking. Roll out to a thickness of one inch, cut into rounds 2 ½ inches in diameter, and place on a greased baking sheet with sides touching.
- Refrigerate overnight, covered with plastic wrap, or bake right away in an oven pre-heated to 400 degrees for about 18 minutes.
Forming the Rolls:
- You can brush the tops of the biscuits with milk before baking to add a nice golden color to the finished product. Makes approximately 30 biscuits
- Using Sourdough Refrigerator Biscuit dough, roll out a fistful of dough on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of about 1/4 inch. Cut rounds of about 2-1/2 inches.
- Then roll each round again to make it thinner still.
- Then place about a Tablespoon of the sausage mixture in the center of the dough. Gather up the ends and pinch to form a sealed ball.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Before baking, brush each roll with an egg wash (one egg yolk plus two teaspoons of cream) and top with sesame seeds.
- Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for about 18 minutes, until nicely golden brown.
Read NextThe Perfect Spanish Party Platter