Seaviews Asian Sausage Rolls Appetizer
Impress your guests with wonderful appetizer recipes. Packed with pork sausage, these bite-sized rolls have a homemade flaky dough that melts right in your mouth. Make extra, because they are going to be a hit.
- Sausage Mixture:
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 1/2 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Chinese hot mustard
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Chinese hot oil
- 1 can (8-ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Chinese parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- Sourdough Refrigerator Biscuit Dough:
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 6 cups unbleached white flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Sauté the first 8 ingredients, breaking up the pork into very small clumps. Then add the remaining ingredients and cool to room temperature.
Sourdough Refrigerator Biscuit Dough:
- Soften yeast in water. Sift dry ingredients. Cut in butter. In separate container mix liquid ingredients together.
- Add to dry ingredients all at once and stir until just moistened. No longer.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead a few times, adding just a little flour to keep the dough from sticking. Roll out to a thickness of one inch, cut into rounds 2 ½ inches in diameter, and place on a greased baking sheet with sides touching.
- Refrigerate overnight, covered with plastic wrap, or bake right away in an oven pre-heated to 400 degrees for about 18 minutes.
Forming the Rolls:
- You can brush the tops of the biscuits with milk before baking to add a nice golden color to the finished product. Makes approximately 30 biscuits
- Using Sourdough Refrigerator Biscuit dough, roll out a fistful of dough on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of about 1/4 inch. Cut rounds of about 2-1/2 inches.
- Then roll each round again to make it thinner still.
- Then place about a Tablespoon of the sausage mixture in the center of the dough. Gather up the ends and pinch to form a sealed ball.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Before baking, brush each roll with an egg wash (one egg yolk plus two teaspoons of cream) and top with sesame seeds.
- Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for about 18 minutes, until nicely golden brown.
Read NextZucchini Feta Fritters
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Apr 01, 2017
These sound wonderful. I've made something similar before, but without the Asian ingredients. This version sounds absolutely delicious. This definitely is something I plan to make up. There's a very nice sweet soy sauce that my wife likes that might work well as a dipping sauce for these appetizers. This is certainly on my to-make list.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use