Holiday Roasted Olives
Holiday Roasted Olives is an earthy roasted olive recipe, great for entertaining. It's perfect as a Thanksgiving appetizer recipe or even a Thanksgiving side dish recipe.
Herbes de Provence is a dried herbal blend of rosemary, basil, sage, thyme, summer savory and lavender. It can be found at larger grocery stores or online. If you can't find it, make your own mix with a few of the designated dried herbs that you have on your pantry shelf. If you can find them, fresh herbs such as rosemary, thyme or basil look great as a garnish. Feel free to use any combination of olives that appeals to you.
Serve this starter with toasted baguette slices, crackers, pita bread or just by themselves with toothpicks to make it easy to pick them up and enjoy.
Serve at room temperature. The roasted olives can also be refrigerated in a tightly sealed container to stays fresh and full of flavor for up to 2 weeks, making it perfect for at home or as a hostess gift during the non-stop entertaining season.
Preparation Time5 min
Cooking Time20 min
- 1 pint (2 cups) grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup Lindsay Black Ripe Olives, drained
- 1 cup Lindsay Kalamata Pitted Olives, drained
- 1 cup Lindsay Spanish Queen Garlic Stuffed Olives, drained
- 1 tablespoon Herbes de Provence blend or a mix of dried rosemary, sage basil, thyme, summer savory and lavender
- 8 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Toasted baguette slices, pita bread or crackers.
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Lay out all the ingredients on a sheet pan and toss to combine well.
- Roast the olive mixture on the pan in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the tomatoes have shriveled and browned lightly.
- Cool on the sheet pan and transfer all ingredients to a shallow serving bowl.
- Serve at room temperature with toasted baguette slices or crackers.
Read NextEasy Italian Bruschetta