Grilled Shrimp Toast
This fresh summer appetizer is full of crisp, refreshing flavors. This is a great poolside snack or party platter item. The fresh salsa and shrimp are a great flavor combo and made even better by the fact that they are low-fat.
- 12 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 French baguette, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces on the diagonal
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs (basil, thyme, rosemary), chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 large vine ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 12 cilantro sprigs
- Salt and pepper
- Combine 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon garlic, and fresh herbs.
- Dip baguette slices into marinade briefly and grill until golden. Set aside.
- Saute or grill shrimp 1 minute or until done.
- Combine tomato, cilantro, jalapeno, and red onion with 1 Tablespoon olive oil and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange 3 slices of grilled baguette on 4 plates and top with shrimp and salsa. Garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs.
Read NextSmoked Bbq Meatballs
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.