If you are looking for easy and healthy nachos recipes this recipe from The Biggest Loser Flavors of the World Cookbook is just the thing. Make up a batch of Chorizo Nachos for your next Mexican dinner night or for a party. They'll be a big hit!
The Homemade Chorizo recipe makes 8 (2-ounce) servings.
Note from cookbook author regading homemade chorizo:
This sausage can be used in many different ways. You can shape it into links or patties, or crumble it. Trust me, you’ll enjoy it – and your body will enjoy it much more than eating the traditional version, which is often made from some of the fattiest (not to mention least appealing) parts of the pig and can contain upwards of 28 grams of fat!
- olive oil spray (propellant free)
- 2 1/2 ounces ounces uncooked Homemade Chorizo (recipe below)
- 1 ounce (about 11 chips) all-natural baked tortilla chips
- 1/3 cup no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained canned, heated
- 2 tablespoons all-natural salsa con queso, heated
- 1/4 cup well-drained fresh pico de gallo or fresh salsa
- 1 tablespoon whole scallions, finely chopped
- For Homemade Chorizo:
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons all-natural egg substitute
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound extra-lean ground pork
For Homemade Chorizo:
- Combine the oats, vinegar, and egg substitute in a medium bowl. Allow to stand for 3 minutes, or until the oats begin to soften.
- Add the chili powder, garlic, oregano, and salt and stir until well combined. Using your clean hands or a fork, mix in the pork until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a resealable plastic container and refrigerate at least 24 hours before using.
For Nachos (1 serving):
- Place a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- When hot, lightly mist the pan with spray and add the chorizo. Cook, breaking it into large chunks, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Arrange the chips on a dinner plate. Top them evenly with the beans, then the chorizo.
- Drizzle the salsa con queso evenly over top. Top them with the pico de gallo and scallions and serve immediately.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Appetizers"
Peruse our collection of the best recipes for appetizers on the web, including easy appetizers for parties, appetizer ideas for dinner, healthy appetizers, and much more!
There are no records