Crunchy Zucchini Sticks
These crunchy zucchini sticks are a great alternative to french fries. Bread and bake them and try them with a variety of dipping sauces, marinara or a ranch sauce would work well. A great way to get the kids to eat veggies.
- Hey, this recipe was featured in one of our exclusive free eCookbooks. If you'd like to enjoy more recipes like this one then download 27 Terrific After School Snack Recipes today!
- Like this appetizer recipe and want more? Download the 39 Appetizers and Party Pleasers free eCookbook!
- Learn how to freeze zucchini and get even more fantastic zucchini recipes in our article 15 Zippy Zucchini Recipes: How to Make Use of Summer's Bounty.
Preparation Time30 min
Cooking Time15 min
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup almonds, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut each zucchini lengthwise into fourths, then lengthwise into halves to form sticks. Cut each stick lengthwise into halves (each zucchini makes 16 sticks).
- Mix wheat germ, almonds, cheese and salt in plastic bag. Roll about 8 zucchini sticks at a time in margarine until evenly coated. Lift with fork. Shake sticks in wheat germ.
- Lay on an ungreased cookie sheet. Cook in 350°F oven until crisp and tender, about 15 minutes.
Read NextDelicious Baked Cheese Dip Recipe