Buffalo Style Potato Skins
It seems like everything nowadays is made buffalo style. And there's nothing wrong with that. Buffalo Style Potato Skins are a great alternative to your usual appetizer recipe. Dip them in your favorite dressing and enjoy!
This recipe may be made a day ahead. Simply reheat potatoes in the oven at 325 degrees F for about 20 minutes until warmed through. Then garnish with the sour cream and chives.
Preparation Time1 hr 30 min
- 12 ounces Al Fresca buffalo chicken sausage, fully cooked
- 6 medium Russet potatoes, with skin, scrubbed
- 1/2 pound low-sodium bacon, cured, cut crosswise into 1 inch pieces
- cooking spray
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake potatoes on middle rack until fork tender, about 1 hour. Remove from oven and let sit until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile cook bacon over medium heat until nicely browned, drain fat.
- Dice Al Fresco sausages, add to the pan to heat. Whisk the barbecue sauce and mayonnaise together, set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Cut potatoes in half, lengthwise, and spoon out the flesh, leaving a half inch shell. Spray potatoes with olive oil cooking spray. Flip over and spray the bottoms.
- Place potatoes on grill and cook until crisp, about 4 to 4-1/2 minutes on each side and remove from grill. Divide the sausage, barbecue sauce and cheese among the and top each with sour cream, crumbled bacon and chives.