This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Spicy And Protein Packed Chana Masala
"A popular spicy, tangy, and protein-packed Indian dish. One of my favorite Indian curry dishes is homemade Chana Masala. It is a popular spiced chickpea dish that can be found at all Indian restaurants in many variations. Chana Masala has a great tang, spice, and tummy-filling comfort zone that is perfect for those meatless days. I like to pair it with PURI, rice, or homemade paratha, but you can try it with a healthy tortilla, brown rice, or quinoa."
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time15 min
- 2 cups well steamed/boiled chick peas
- 1 medium finely diced, fresh tomato
- 1 medium finely diced, onion
- 1 tsp turmeric (powder or fresh)
- 2 tsp fresh coriander powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp chana masala/chole chana masala (garam masala can be substituted)
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh garlic (about 2 cloves)
Read NextHomemade Marzipan (Almond Paste)