How To Blanch Tomatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Blanching tomatoes is a cooking technique. It means to quickly submerge the fresh tomatoes in boiling hot water. That way the skin is loosened from the tomato pulp and it starts to crack. This only takes 30-60 seconds at most. The tomatoes are then kept in cold water to stop the cooking process immediately. That way the tomatoes can be easily peeled, which is the ultimate reason why you want to blanch your tomatoes. This is useful if you need whole tomatoes in a recipe. They can then be used to make a soup, a salad, or you can store and freeze your peeled whole tomatoes. "
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Dump-and-Bake Ratatouille
- Italian Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Kick off lent with these delicious meatless stuffed peppers!
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole No Meat
- Creamy Vegan Lasagna Florentine
- Easy Black Beans and Rice Veggie Skillet
- Polish Potato Pancakes
- Grandma's Baked Eggplant Parmesan
- Garden Vegetable Tart
- How To Dry Herbs
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- 3-ingredient Sour Cream Muffins
- Coconut Cream Cheese Cookies
- Mickey Beignets
- Easy Spanish Omelette (spanish Tortilla)
- Spanish Onion & Garlic Potatoes
- Easy Instant Pot Orange Glazed Bbq Meatballs
- Grilled Pork Chops With Rhubarb Orange Sauce
- Deep Dish Cast Iron Skillet Pizza
- Air Fryer Melting Moments
- Apple Roses Pastry
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes