Fresh Vegetable Pockets
For a quick and healthy lunch for work or home, combine light cream cheese, vegetables and sunflower seeds in a whole wheat pita. Use your favorite vegetables, but sprouts add wonderful crunch!
Preparation Time10 min
- 8 ounces cream cheese spread
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 pieces whole wheat pita bread, halved
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, sunflower seeds and seasoned salt.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons on the inside of each pita half.
- Layer with tomatoes, cucumber, mushrooms and avocado. Serve.