- 2 cups beans and juice, pintos, black beans, or kidney beans
- 1 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic, mashed or pressed (optional)
- 1 egg, beaten slightly
- seasoning to taste (salt, pepper, cumin, cilantro, or whatever)
Mash beans and juice. Stir in bread crumbs, onion, garlic, egg, and desired seasonings. Shape cup portions into patties. Heat greased or sprayed griddle over medium heat. Cook patties until brown on one side (3-4 minutes); turn and brown the other side. Serve on buns with the usual accompaniments: lettuce, tomato, onions, cheese slices, and so on. Makes 5-6 servings.