Roasted Cabbage Steaks with Spicy Lime and Cilantro Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Cabbage steaks seared and roasted to perfection with a refreshing lime and cilantro sauce to boost the flavor. This dish is healthy, vegan and also gluten-free."
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time15 min
Cooking Vessel Sizecast-iron skillet
- 1 head green cabbage
- 1 cup canola oil
- garlic powder
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Cut a head of cabbage into 1/2-inch thick pieces vertically. (See video.)
Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 or 2 cabbage steaks (depending on the size of your cast-iron skillet); lightly season with a dash of salt, black ground pepper, and a pinch of garlic powder. cook 3 to 4 minutes. Place the cabbage steak, seared side up on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with more oil with remaining cabbage. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
While the cabbage steaks are baking, whisk all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
Once the cabbage steaks are done, dish and drizzle with the dressing, serve with lime wedges and cilantro. YUM!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
- Beer Steamed Potatoes with Rosemary
- Ranch Roasted Red Potatoes
- For the Love of Squash: 14 Simple Squash Recipes
- 2-Ingredient Italian Sugar Snap Peas
- How to Store Cabbage
- Heavenly Sweet Potato Pineapple Casserole
- Hungarian Zucchini in Dill Sauce
- 18 Perfect Pumpkin Recipes, Plus Best Pumpkin Casserole
- Loaded Baked Eggplant Recipe
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Autumn Harvest Pork Stew
- Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Small Batch Almond Joy Cookies
- Bang Bang Shrimp
- Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
- Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Stew
- Potato Goulash Soup
- Blueberry Cobbler
- Spinach Pie with Phyllo
- Pear Jam
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes