Beer Steamed Potatoes with Rosemary
Using beer instead of water to cook potatoes is a wonderful way of infusing loads of flavor into ordinarily bland potato recipes. Choose any beer that you love to drink in these Beer Steamed Potatoes with Rosemary.
- 1 pound small new (red) potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 ounces beer (regular or non alcoholic)
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- sea salt, to taste
- Heat oil and butter in a heavy skillet. Sauté the onion for about 5 minutes, until the onion begins to turn translucent.
- Add the garlic and the rosemary (crushing the rosemary between your fingers) and sauté for an additional minute, until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add the potatoes and salt and toss to coat.
- Add the beer. Cover with the lid ajar, and simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring every few minutes. Check the potatoes to see if they are tender every so often.
- The beer should be almost evaporated and form a nice glaze. If the beer has not evaporated, remove the lid and allow the beer to finish cooking down.
- Remove the potatoes from the pan and onto a serving platter, scraping all the herbs and glaze with the potatoes.
Read NextAmish Green Beans With Brown Butter