Baked Sweet Potatoes with Yogurt Sauce
Use yogurt to add a deliciously unexpected Middle Eastern flavor to your sweet potatoes this Thanksgiving. Baking sweet potatoes seals in flavor without adding fat.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (12 oz. each), scrubbed and pierced
- 2/3 cup yogurt, plain low-fat
- 2 green onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon peel, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander, ground
- pinch cayenne pepper
- fresh parsley (garnish), minced
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake potatoes until very tender when pierced, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, stir remaining ingredients into a bowl. Split potatoes lengthwise, top with some of the yogurt mixture and sprinkle with parsley. Serve remaining sauce at the table.
Read NextOne Pot Summer Veggie Skillet