BBQ Turkey Meatballs
For a twist on Thanksgiving dinner, make healthy turkey meatballs with a homemade BBQ sauce featuring a touch of cranberry. These meatballs make great finger food when served with toothpicks.
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 egg white
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Chop onion. Combine meatball ingredients using Pastry Blender; mix well.
- Form meatballs. Place meatballs in a single layer in bakeing dish.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in combine all sauce ingredients, mixing well; pour over meatballs.
- Bake another 20 minutes.
Yield: 35 meatballs