Cream of Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
From Chef Bill Fausey, here's a recipe that will wow your holiday guests. Cream of Roasted Butternut Squash Soup is a delicious way to start your Thanksgiving meal. Try this squash soup recipe for a unique twist of flavors.
- 1 each small dice butternut squash
- 1/2 cup small diced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup small dice celery
- 1/4 cup small dice carrot
- 5 cans chicken consume (about a quart)
- 1 each bay leaf
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Peel and seed butternut squash. Save seeds, clean and rinse.
- Dice all vegetables about the same size season and roast until light brown through out. At the same time season seeds and place on a roasting pan and toast for garnish at the end.
- Remove roasted vegetables and place in to a pot adding bay leaf and consume.
- Simmer until all vegetables are very soft.
- Remove and discard bay leaf. Be careful, place liquid and vegetables in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Taste to make sure seasoning is correct to your taste.
- Remove from blender and add heavy cream.
- Portion into bowl and garnish with toasted Squash seeds.