We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"The fresh and warm congee is just so suitable for a windy day in fall. Furthermore, if you allow the congee to sit in your fridge over night, it will be thickened a bit more and turns into a fantastic dessert to clear up your mouth after a super flavored meal like Korean barbecue."
NotesStarting from step 4, do not stop stirring! This will allow honey melt well and flour mixture spread out very evenly.
Chopped walnuts or pine nuts could be another nice topping alternative.
- 1 1/2 pounds pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 tablespoons sweet rice flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup milk
- a few goji berries, optional
Place pumpkin in a saucepan. Add just enough water to cover the pumpkins and bring to a boil. Then simmer for 20 minutes or until the pumpkins are tender.
In the meanwhile, mix sweet rice flour and water in a small bowl. Stir until smooth (avoid flour bumps) and set aside.
When the pumpkins are done, transfer to a food processor or a regular blender with only half of the broth to purée well.
Return to medium-low heat. Add honey and keep stirring until honey is well dissolved.
Slowly add the flour mixture in the saucepan. Keep stirring until even.
Next, add milk and stir a few times again. Adjust the sweetness according to your taste.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Sweet and Spicy Jezebel Dip is a unique and simple dip recipe that will make your next party a smash. If you're a fan of horseradish… Continue reading: "Sweet and Spicy Jezebel Dipvideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Baked Potato on the Log Burner
- Pasta Alla Norma (Sicilian Eggplant And Tomato Pasta)
- Peppermint Dipped OREOS
- Breakfast Sliders
- Tic Tac Toe Rice Krispie Treats
- Thai Lotus Shoot Salad
- Muddy Buddy Chex Mix Recipe
- Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Pasta
- Eclair Cake
- Instant Pot Pumpkin
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes