Hearty Chicken and Barley Chili
This is one of the tastiest homemade chili recipes you'll find! Try this Hearty Chicken and Barley Chili to satisfy your taste buds tonight. Made with chicken and barley, this is a yummy recipe that will surely become a household favorite!
Cooking Time25 min
- 1 can (14.5-ounce) diced tomatoes
- 1 (16-ounce) jar of salsa
- 1 can (14.5-ounce) chicken broth
- 1 cup pearled barley, uncooked
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (15-ounce) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15.25-ounce) corn, drained
- 3 cups chicken breast, cooked, cut into bite-size pieces
- Cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- In a stockpot, combine undrained tomatoes, salsa, broth, barley, water and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover and reduce heat to low; simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans, corn and chicken.
- Increase heat to high; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for another 5 minutes, or until barley is tender.
- Ladle into bowls. Top with cheese and sour cream, if desired.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Soups, Stews, Chili"
Soups, Stews, Chili
Give them a bowl of soup! These soup recipes will soothe your soul and quell your hunger. Chicken soup, vegetable soup, onion soup, tomato soup, pea soup, we have recipes for all kinds of soup. Make delicious homemade soups, broths and stews.