Fusion Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"The first thing came into my mind when I looked at the shredded chicken and a gigantic batch of chicken broth was chicken tortilla soup. I had the main ingredients on hand already. All I need was tomatoes, onions, and cilantro to make a soup base, and some frozen vegetable mix. Check. Tortilla chips. Check. Oh, I even had two avocados. Great! Then, this Fusion Cooker version chicken tortilla soup happened. Compare to the one I made on the stove, there was no babysitting involved. No stirring, no checking, no changing the heat, only set and forget."
NotesThe stove method of this chicken tortilla soup can be found here:
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time1 hr
- 2 cups zucchini, diced
- 2 cups frozen carrots and peas
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 1/8 teaspoon Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce or your desired hot sauce (optional)
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 8-10 Roma tomatoes or 1 (32-oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white onion, roughly sliced
- 1 cup cilantro, firmly packed
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
Make the soup base by placing tomatoes into a food processor or blender with roughly sliced onion, cilantro and garlic. Add chicken broth and a pinch of salt. Blend until smooth.
Pour the soup base in the waterless pot of a Fusion Cooker, add zucchini, frozen carrots and peas, and onions.
Cover with the glass lid and select the "soup" mode and press "start".
10 minutes before the soup is done, the Fusion Cooker will remind you with a series of gentle beeping sound, about an hour. Stir in shredded chicken and hot sauce if using. Let it finish cooking.
Dish. Top with tortilla chips, avocado slices, cheddar cheese, cilantro for each serving. Squeeze a dash of fresh lime or lemon juice. Enjoy!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
This Southern Fried Bacon and Cabbage is the perfect cabbage recipe for a quick and easy dinner. If you have had a long day and you… Continue reading: "Southern Fried Cabbagevideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Crispy Bacon & Egg Breakfast Sandwich
- Amish Baked Oatmeal With Apples
- Sheet Pan Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Fudgy Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- Pumpkin Dip
- Frankenstein Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Homemade Orange Julius Recipe
- Delicious 3-bean Spanish Vegan Paella
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes