French Pumpkin Soup
French Pumpkin soup has a milk-and-butter base, giving it a more rich and creamy taste than many other pumpkin soup recipes. Put a Continental stamp on your pumpkin soup with this recipe.
See this recipe and more in 55 Awesome Pumpkin Recipes.
- 1 quart milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups cooked, mashed pumpkin
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Heat the milk. Knead together the butter and the flour. Drop this mixture in pea-sized pieces into the milk, beating well after each addition. when the milk is thickened and smooth, stir in the pumpkin, salt, pepper, parsley and nutmeg.
2. Cook, stirring constantly, until the soup has thickened and is very hot. Serve immediately.
Read NextHealthy Chicken Tortilla Soup