Amish Style Chicken and Corn Soup
This delicious chicken and corn soup will fill you up and keep you warm and toasty on a cold fall day. It's easy to make a great soup for the whole family kids will love the corn and noodles.
Did you enjoy this recipe? It was featured in a collection of more great Amish recipes. Check out, How To Make Amish Friendship Bread: Plus 10 Other Easy Amish Recipes!
- 1/2 stewing hen or fowl
- 2 quarts chicken stock or broth
- 1/4 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads (optional)
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh chopped
- 1 cup egg noodles, cooked
- Combine stewing hen with chicken stock, coarsely chopped onions, carrots, celery, and saffron threads. Bring the stock to a simmer. Simmer for about 1 hour, skimming the surface as necessary.
- Remove and reserve the stewing hen until cool enough to handle; then pick the meat from the bones. Cut into neat little pieces.
- Strain the saffron broth through a fine sieve. Add the corn, celery, parsley, and cooked noodles to the broth.
- Return the soup to a simmer and serve immediately.
Read NextPotato Soup