Chicken and Corn Chowder
Keep tummies warm and happy this fall with this easy chicken and corn chowder recipe.
This classically hearty chowder will warm bellies this fall, guaranteed. Made from fresh veggies including corn, potatoes, garlic, onions, peppers, and more, you can easily reconfigure this recipe to include your favorite fresh seasonal veggies. Chock full of healthy ingridients, Addie's Chicken Corn and Potato Chowder is not one to miss.
From the Chef: Chowder is a mainstay in New England restaurants, and this Chicken and Corn Chowder shows you why! It's a made-from-scratch recipe, so you can add more or less of any ingredient to customize the dish to your taste. With a classic blend of potatoes, onion, corn, and chicken, you just know it's going to be worth the effort.
- Addie Gundry
This recipe is from RecipeLion's 103 Cookbook series, Easy Chicken Recipes: 103 Inventive Soups, Salads, Casseroles, and Dinners Everyone Will Love.
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time30 min
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 1/2 cups chicken broth, low-sodium preferred
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into roughly 1/2-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Fresh chives, for garnish
In a large pot, melt the butter. Add the bell pepper and onion and cook until tender, about 6 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Whisk in the flour and cook for 2 minutes, being careful not to burn the flour.
While whisking, add the broth and wine and whisk until blended.
Add the potatoes, thyme, salt, and black pepper.
Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
Add the chicken, corn, and cream. Simmer for 10–15 minutes.
Serve topped with the crumbled bacon and chives.
To cook the chicken, place 2 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts on a baking sheet and back at 350°F for 30 minutes.
Read NextCabbage Soup (kapustnyak)