Fall Harvest 3 Sisters Soup
The three "sisters" in this delicious easy soup recipe are the three key ingredients: corn, squash and beans. In this Fall Harvest 3 Sisters Soup recipe, all three come together to form a thick and hearty soup that's more like a stew than the soups you're used to serving. This tasty soup incorporates tons of tasty flavors and ingredients including lima beans, white beans, corn, red pepper and more, so you can enjoy this delicious fall-ready soup as a meal in and of itself. It's sure to fill you up on a cold autumn day!
To make your own Easy Homemade Pumpkin Puree, check out this step-by-step how to guide.
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time25 min
- 2 1/2 cups pumpkin puree (see recipe below in Notes section)
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon mild chili powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup white beans, cooked
- 1 cup frozen lima beans
- 1 cup brown rice, barley, or other cooked grain
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup red or yellow bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Bring 1/4 cup of stock to a boil and add onions. Cook for 5 - 10 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
Stir in the rest of stock, the seasonings and the white beans. Simmer gently for 5 minutes.
Stir the pumpkin puree into the soup along with the cream. Stir until combined.
- Add lima beans, corn, bell peppers (if desired) and grains; simmer 10 minutes or until beans and corn are tender. Serve while hot.