Golden-Crisp Chicken Nuggets
This easy to make healthy snack for kids is one of the best baked chicken recipes. Your family will go crazy for these tasty Golden-Crisp Chicken Nuggets. You won't believe they're healthy!
Cooking Time25 min
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons plain whole milk yogurt
- 1 cup bread crumbs (plain or Italian seasoned)
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herb blend or pizza seasoning
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the chicken into nugget-sized pieces, about 2 inches.
- Mix the egg and yogurt together in a shallow dish. Place another shallow dish next to it with the bread crumbs, Panko, Parmesan, herbs and salt and pepper mixed together.
- Dip a chicken piece in the egg-yogurt mixture, then transfer it to the crumb mixture and coat it thoroughly. Set on baking sheet. Repeat until all the chicken pieces have been breaded.
- Bake the nuggets for about 25 minutes, or until the internal temperature at the center of your thickest nugget is 180 degrees F. Don't overbake, or the chicken will be dry.