If you've never tried Bread Baskets before, then you've been missing out on one of the most unique egg recipes out there. This is one of the best healthy breakfast egg recipes that is tasty all day. Egg bake recipes do not get better than this recipe.
- 12 slices fresh bread without crust
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup Edam cheese or mild cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- Dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter each slice of bread and press, butterside down, gently into muffin tins so that the edges of bread are pointing upwards and theres is room in the middle for filling.
- Place spring onions, tomato, cottage cheese and cheese in bread baskets and season accordingly with salt, pepper and dried oregano.
- In a bowl place all eggs and mix until combined, and spoon on top of the filling in each basket until filling is covered. More eggs may be used or just add a little water to go further.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until bread starts to turn golden.
Read NextTexas Brittle