Easy Peasy Split Pea Soup
Have dinner ready in no time with this Easy Peasy Split Pea Soup. Even though this homemade split pea soup is made in the slow cooker, it's ready to eat in only four hours! This split pea soup, made with ham hocks, is great with crunchy croutons!
Cooking Time4 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 1 16-ounce package dried green split peas, rinsed
- 2 ham hocks
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 1 1/2 quart hot water
- Place peas, ham hocks, carrots, onion, celery, garlic bay leaf, parsley, salt, and pepper in a slow cooker. Slowly pour enough hot water to cover everything. DO NOT STIR.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, or until peas are very soft and ham falls off the bone.
- Remove bones and bay leaf. Serve garnished with croutons.