All Day German Beef Stew
Loaded with veggies and delicious spices, this All Day German Beef Stew is just what you want to eat after a busy day. As much as we love the flavor of this hearty stew, what we love even more is how easy it is to prepare. This is one of those all-day slow cooker recipes that you can make in the morning and enjoy for dinner when you get home. If you're looking for effortless beef stew recipes this season, try out this great slow cooker sensation.
Cooking Time8 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 1 1/2 pound beef chuck, cut in 2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (16 oz) diced tomatoes, un-drained
- 2 cups carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large potato, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1 cup water
Place cubes of beef in slow cooker.
In a small bowl combine flour, celery salt, garlic powder, ground ginger and pepper; sprinkle over beef.
In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, sherry, molasses and water; pour over beef.
Cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours.
- If desired, add 1/4 cup raisins 30 minutes before serving.
Read NextChicken Pot Pie Soup