Ultimate Mashed Potatoes
These potatoes are cooked in chicken broth and mashed with just the right amount of butter, cream, chives and bacon to make an irresistible side dish. Ultimate Mashed Potatoes from Campbell's Kitchen will be one of your favorite mashed potato recipes from now on. Just try and resist! If the creamy texture doesn't stop you in your tracks, the bacon will. Add this to your holiday menu and watch how quickly it disappears at the dinner table.
Cost per recipe: $8.61
Find more awesome Campbell's Kitchen recipes like this on our Campbell's profile page.
Serves6 (about 1 cup each)
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time20 min
- 3 1/2 cups Swanson Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness or Certified Organic)
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 7 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (reserve some for garnish)
- 1 generous dash ground black pepper
- Heat the broth and potatoes in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Drain the potatoes well in a colander, reserving the broth.
- Mash the potatoes with 1/4 cup reserved broth, light cream, sour cream, chives, butter, bacon and black pepper. Add the additional reserved broth, if needed, until desired consistency. Garnish with the remaining bacon.