We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"In version I, with bacon dices evenly spread out, the crispy action is something fresh to go with the smoothness and moistness that mashed potatoes can bring. In version II, with small little bacon pieces as a meaty topping, our mashed potatoes are totally brought to the next level of elegancy."
- 6 potatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 3 slices of bacon
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 oz butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- chives (optional)
Steam unpeeled potatoes for 20 minutes or until they are fork tender. If you choose boiling, peel and cut the potatoes into cubes beforehand. Mash them well in a large bowl.
Heat up a nonstick skillet over high heat and place bacon slices in. Cook each side for 3 minutes or until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel to soak up the fat.
Add onions in the skillet and use the bacon fat to cook the onions until translucent.
Turn off the heat and use the remaining heat of the skillet to melt butter.
Add melted butter, milk, a pinch of salt and black pepper into the mashed potatoes and toss until even. Adjust the flavor by adding more salt or pepper if necessary. Dish the mashed potatoes.
Smash the bacon into small little pieces. (I used my food chopper to do the job.) Sprinkle the bacon pieces over the potatoes.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
This Dump and Go Amish Casserole is a quick and easy casserole that is perfect for when you need some delicious comfort food. This… Continue reading: "Dump and Go Amish Casserolevideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Italian Breakfast Cake
- Rosemary Garlic Smashed Potatoes
- Old-fashioned Orange Juice Cake
- Zucchini With Garlic, Sage And Fresh Lemon
- Crispy Brussel Sprouts With Banana And Lime
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Pecan Pie
- Air Fryer Steak Fries
- Pumpkin Pudding Cake With Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting
- Chocolate Banana Pudding Cake
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes