Bistro Chicken With Bermuda Salad
"Imagine strolling along in Paris, finding a small bistro and enjoying eating outdoor. This recipe is a light and refined dish you could enjoy in a bistro. The combination of mustard and rose balsamic vinaigrette compliments the roasted chicken and vegetables. Make extra vinaigrette, and refrigerate to use on other dishes.This is chicken salad the way I like it. The great thing about this recipe is you can use the steps and ingredients as a basis for your own unique recipe, adding and subtracting whatever makes your skirt fly up"
NotesSlowly and vigorously, whisk in the Secolari Rosemary Olive Oil to make the vinaigrette for the salad
Preparation Time10 min
- 4 (6-ounce) skin on chicken breasts or thighs boneless
- 2 tablespoons Secolari Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Secolari Traditional Bistro Rub spices
- 3 large egg yolk lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons Secolari Chardonnay Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Secolari Rosé Balsamic
- 4 cups Secolari Roasted Garlic Olive Oil
- 2 cups Secolari Rosemary Olive Oil
- 4 eachs red, white, and purple potatoes cooked
- 2 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon taste Secolari Roasted Garlic Sea Salt
Mix chicken with the Secolari Traditional Bistro Rub spices, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Heat 2 Tbsp. Secolari Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a heavy pan on medium heat. Sear the chicken pieces skin side down until nicely brown — about 5-8 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken pieces. Turn chicken over and cook. Transfer to a baking pan to a preheated 400°F oven for 18-20 minutes. Use a probe thermometer in the thickest part of the meat to register to 165° for doneness.
Whisk the egg yolk with the Secolari Rosé Balsamic vinegar and Secolari Chardonnay Mustard to temper. Slowly and vigorously, whisk in the Secolari Rosemary Olive Oil to make the vinaigrette for the salad. Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper as needed.
Mix the beans, onion, potatoes, and some sharp cheddar in with the vinaigrette before arranging the salads on the plates. Top the salads with the chicken and then drizzle with Secolari Roasted Garlic Olive Oil, and chopped parsley.