Savory Sweet Potato Biscuits
Want to try a new recipe that's guaranteed to please, then check out these Savory Sweet Potato Biscuits. You will be raving and adding this to your list of top biscuit recipes before you know it.
This makes about 10 biscuits, but the recipe can be doubled.
Cooking Time12 min
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cooked sweet potatoes or yams, mashed
- 3/4 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the milk and sweet potatoes. Knead gently (about 10 times).
- Roll out dough until about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut out biscuits using either a biscuit cutter or a floured glass rim. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.