Hillbilly Cheese Biscuits
These Hillbilly Cheese Biscuits feature that down-home flavor we all crave from time to time. When it comes to easy biscuit recipes, the ones with some cheese added to the mix are always a cut above the rest. These Hillbilly Biscuits have one full cup of sharp American cheese, so you get a healthy dose of cheese flavor in each biscuit. Yum!
Cooking Time15 min
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Crisco vegetable shortening
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup sharp American cheese, grated
- dried parsley for the top of the biscuits
- a little melted butter for the top of the biscuits
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Sift dry ingredients together.
Add half of the cheese to the Crisco and mix well, then cut the mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix everything in until it becomes coarse.
Add buttermilk and mix until it becomes uniform.
Drop biscuits into greased muffin tins. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the biscuits and a little extra garlic powder and some dried parsley.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. When done, remove from oven and brush tops with a little butter. Serve while still warm.
Read NextMaple Cream Scones