Apple 'n' Honey Scones
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time18 min
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/3 cup margarine, chilled
- 1 1/4 cup finely chopped apple
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or grease lightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 2/3 cup wheat germ, baking powder, spices, baking soda, and salt, if using.
- Cut in the margarine until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, combine the apple, milk, and honey. Add to the dry ingredients, mixing just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently 5 to 6 times. Pat the dough into a 9 inch circle.
- Mix together the remaining 1 tablespoon of wheat germ, sugar, and cinnamon, Sprinkle over dough.
- Cut the dough into 10 wedges. Place 1/2 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake 16-18 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm with additional honey, if desired.
Read NextEnglish Toffee Scones
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.