Gooey Hot Fudge Sauce
This gooey hot fudge sauce recipe is about the best one I've ever tried, and I've tried a LOT. It's perfect on ice cream, especially warm, but it's also really good for dipping cookies.
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt chocolate and butter with half-and-half, corn syrup and salt in heavy 2-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Serve warm or pour into clean glass jars and seal tightly. Store up to 6 months in refrigerator.
- Reheat sauce in double-boiler over hot (not boiling) water before serving, if desired. Makes about 1 1/2 cups of sauce.