Coney Dog Sauce
Do you love going to Coney restaurants and eating coney dog after coney dog? Well now you can have that same great taste at home when you make your own coney dog sauce. This best hot dog chili recipe is sure to please every coney fan in your family.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 onions, chop
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard, prepared
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 6 ounces water
- 3/4 quart hot dogs
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients; except the hot dogs; simmer until thick. (Do not brown ground beef first.)
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade or a meat grinder, grind the hot dogs & add to the sauce; stir.
- Cook 15 minutes longer. Serve this sauce over hot dogs in buns.
Read NextHow to Stretch Pasta Sauce