Smoked Brisket Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Using a smoker is not nearly as hard as you might think! Here are a couple of easy tips. First, use lump charcoal. Unlike charcoal briquettes, lump charcoal is actually made out of wood. It also burns much longer and produces less ash than briquettes. It’s an absolute must when it comes to smoking! Second, use wood chunks instead of wood chips. Similar to lump charcoal, wood chunks burn much slower than smaller wood chips. Wood chips are great for grilling, but I prefer chunks when smoking. Third, use a probe-style meat thermometer. This is absolutely essential. When smoking meat, it’s important to leave the lid of the smoker closed as much as possible. A probe-style thermometer makes it possible to monitor the internal temperature of the meat without ever opening the lid of the smoker. Adjust the temperature gradually (if needed). To do this, just make slight adjustments to the air valves as needed.
Last but not least, leave yourself plenty of time! Smoking isn’t hard at all, but it does require time. Pick a day when you have chores to do around the house or in the yard. You won’t need to stand there and watch the smoker all day, but you should plan on being nearby! Since smoking takes a good bit of time, I usually don’t try to have it ready for dinner that night. The time crunch just adds stress and you can’t rush low-and-slow!
Also, have fun creating different rubs, like the one included in this recipe! It’s slightly spicy with just a hint of sweetness and it works perfectly for the brisket. Remember, only the outer portion of the meat will have the rub on it, so it’s totally fine if the rub is a bit on the sweet or spicy side!"
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Great Gran's Greatest Goulash is going to make your winter blues disappear in no time. This recipe is hearty and full of flavor and… Continue reading: "Great Gran's Greatest Goulashvideocam"
- Best Apple & Ham Grilled Cheese
- Hawaiian Roll Baked Sandwiches
- BBQ Meatball Sliders
- Christmas Leftovers Panini
- Funeral Sandwiches
- Kentucky Hot Brown Sliders
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Waffle Sandwiches
- Bacon Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese
- Ultimate Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- Classic Egg Salad Sandwich
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Homemade Pumpkin Bars
- Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Instant Pot Beef Tongue
- Caramel Ginger Slice
- Instant Pot Shrimp And Sausage Gumbo Recipe
- Easy Dessert Popcorn
- Sautéed Potatoes With Spanish Mojo Picon
- Mozzarella Eyeballs
- Ghost Cookies
- Bat Oreo Truffles
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes