Broiled Pear and Swiss Cheese Sandwich
Grown up grilled cheese recipes don't have to be savory! This Broiled Pear and Swiss Cheese sandwich is made with pears and sugar for a sweeter profile, but the mild, nutty flavor of Swiss cheese keeps the sandwich out of the dessert realm.
Cooking Time10 min
- 6 slices sandwich bread
- 6 slices swiss cheese (1 ounce each)
- 2 medium pears, pared, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Toast bread.
- Place a cheese slice on each piece of toast. Arrange sliced pears on cheese.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle on pears.
- Broil 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve hot.
Read NextSympathy Sandwiches