You don't have to love salads to love this Tex-Mex recipe. Texas Salad is a basic taco salad recipe that's super easy to make and hearty enough to fill you up for lunch or dinner! With seasoned ground beef, beans, and avocado, this is a salad recipe that will feed even the hungriest herd. The crunch of tortilla chips, crisp lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and more add amazing flavor and color to the salad. Garnish with sour cream and salsa!
Preparation Time10 min
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 head lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 bag tortilla chips, broken into medium size pieces
- 1 can garbonzo beans, drained
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- sour cream and salsa for garnish, if desired
- Brown the ground beef in a medium pan and drain the fat. Add taco seasoning with a small amount of water, following directions on package as if you were making taco meat. Set ground beef aside and allow to cool slightly while you make the rest of the salad.
- Mix together the lettuce, garbonzo and kidney beans, cheese, avocado, tomato and onion. Add tortilla chips and ground beef last. Toss and serve immediately, topped with sour cream and salsa if desired.
Read NextShrimp Pasta Salad
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Feb 28, 2018
This is a delicious recipe. It is so simple, and yet really good! We added all of the ingredients on top of the tortilla chips. We didn't break them up. So this was sort of like a big batch of Texas Salad Nachos? We topped with salsa, sour cream, and some chives. It makes a big batch. We set this out for movie night, and we all snacked on the nachos throughout the night! Makes a great family night snack!
Jun 29, 2017
Gosh, I wondered what a texas salad was but I don't think this is a salad but then why must a salad consist of the usual raw vegetables? It is just what we are used to! This dish certainly would go much further than a salad. It does sound delicious and I would like to try it to see what the tortilla chips taste like in it.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use