You don't have to love salads to love this Tex-Mex recipe. Texas Salad is a basic taco salad recipe that's super easy to make and hearty enough to fill you up for lunch or dinner! With seasoned ground beef, beans, and avocado, this is a salad recipe that will feed even the hungriest herd. The crunch of tortilla chips, crisp lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and more add amazing flavor and color to the salad. Garnish with sour cream and salsa!
Preparation Time10 min
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 head lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 bag tortilla chips, broken into medium size pieces
- 1 can garbonzo beans, drained
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- sour cream and salsa for garnish, if desired
- Brown the ground beef in a medium pan and drain the fat. Add taco seasoning with a small amount of water, following directions on package as if you were making taco meat. Set ground beef aside and allow to cool slightly while you make the rest of the salad.
- Mix together the lettuce, garbonzo and kidney beans, cheese, avocado, tomato and onion. Add tortilla chips and ground beef last. Toss and serve immediately, topped with sour cream and salsa if desired.