Summer Corn Salad
Summertime fresh corn is delicious, healthy and plentiful. Pick up an ear of corn and make this tasty fresh salad today. With corn, tomatoes and fresh herbs, this summertime salad is chock full of health benefits.
- 1/2 cup plus one teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, halved seeded and diced
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed
- 1 ear of corn
- 8 cups arugula
- 4 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup pecan halves, toasted
- Parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
- Whisk oil, vinegar, basil, diced tomatoes, garlic and rosemary in small bowl until well blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat broiler. Brush corn with 1 teaspoon oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil corn until crisp-tender and golden brown in spots, turning frequently, about 7 minutes. Cool.
- Cut corn kernels off cob. Place corn in large bowl. Add arugula, quartered tomatoes and pecans to bowl with corn.
- Toss salad with enough dressing to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with Parmesan.
Read NextCheesecake Factory Luau Salad
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.