Layered Cheesy Overnight Salad
Make tomorrow's appetizer today: try this Layered Cheesy Overnight Salad. Ham, cheese and vegetables make this salad one of those hard to find, delicious and healthy recipes for teenagers.
Make a little extra dressing to add in case it seems dry after tossing.
- 1 1/2 cup medium pasta shells, cooked
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 3 eggs, hard boiled, sliced
- 12 ounces ham strips
- 10 ounces frozen peas
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Toss pasta in oil, place on lettuce bed.
- Cover with egg slices, sprinkle with pepper. Add ham strips, peas, cheese.
- Combine remaining ingredients to make dressing. Spread carefully over salad to edge of bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- Toss before serving.
Read NextGrandma's Tomato Aspic